Scotch-Brite™ Surface Conditioning Discs 5'' / Very Fine
- Variety of abrasive grades and sizes provide an ideal starting point for cleaning, finishing, blending, and light deburring
- Open web material runs cool and resists loading for prolonged operation
- Conformable disc conditions surfaces without gouging, undercutting, or damaging the base material
- Suitable for metal, composite, plastics, and other materials
- Hook and loop attachment system provides fast disc change-out for multi-step finishing processes
Scotch-Brite™ Surface Conditioning Disc comes in a wide variety of grades and sizes and is an ideal first-step for cleaning, blending, deburring, and finishing. Durable, non-woven fiber construction conforms well on irregular or contoured surfaces without undercutting or damaging the base material.
The open-web material runs cool and resists loading to enable prolonged operation while evenly distributed aluminum oxide abrasives produce a high cut-rate for consistent finishing.
Our Scotch-Brite™ Surface Conditioning Disc uses aluminum oxide abrasive. Aluminum oxide is a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its cut-rate and long life. This mineral is a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges in use, whereas traditional abrasives, such as garnet, quickly wear down with use. Due to its high cut-rate, hardness, strength, and low heat retention, aluminum oxide mineral is widely used in grinding applications in addition to sanding and finishing use. Aluminum oxide is suitable on a wide variety of substrates in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys.
Our Scotch-Brite™ industrial abrasives are unique surface conditioning products with abrasives incorporated into non-woven nylon or synthetic fibers. Combining abrasives with the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open-web material runs cool and is load resistant, which keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the fibers.